Chemical Analysis of Food Products
Written by Administrator
Tuesday, 20 April 2010 12:18
Chemical analysis of food products includes nutrient content, chemical constituents, environmental contaminants and product quality.
The service includes:
- Nutrient content: Products are analysed for nutritional composition. These tests include total and reducing sugars, protein, sodium, water content, carbohydrates and fat.This service targets manufacturers and importers who require labelling information or information to assist with customs regulations and import duties.
- Chemical constituents: Products are analysed for chemical composition. This will assist with the identification and quantification of chemical components.
- Chemical and physical contaminants: Products are analysed for heavy metals, sulphur dioxide, foreign and extraneous matter.
- Product Quality: Products are analysed to ensure adherence to standard conformity of local and exported foods.
- Potential clients should deliver samples to the laboratory preferably between 8:15am – 12:00pm.
- Invoices for analysis quoted for less than $100.00 should be paid in full; a 50% deposit should be made for invoices of $100.00 or more.
- Submit sample to laboratory. The chain of custody form provided should be completed in duplicate and submitted with the sample. Please view the guidelines for the completion of chain of custody forms .
- Pay invoice (full or part thereof). Check here for price list and guidelines for payment of fees.
- Analysis is completed within 14 working days for routine samples (21 working days for non-routine samples).
- A Certificate of Analysis is prepared and the client is notified via email/ telephone.
- Full payment must be finalised on release of certificate.
All results and information pertaining to samples submitted to GAS by a customer are held in strict confidence. Written permission must be obtained from the customer or their authorized representative prior to release of this information to any third party.