- Use of Micropropagation and advanced propagation methods - to improve propagation efficiency and yields of ornamentals (anthurium and orchid mainly) and food crops (sweet potato).
- Development and adaptation of tissue culture protocols -for the above crops
- Sourcing, Evaluation and Selection of cultivars - – imported or local ornamental cut flowers and foliage at Bullens Agricultural Station. (Ongoing)
- Agronomic trials at Bullens – to determine best cultural practices for ornamental production.
- Determination of the factors affecting productivity and marketability - of anthurium and orchid for cut flower and pot plant use