Importation of Dairy Products for Personal Use
Wednesday, 09 June 2010 20:55
Travellers may import a limited quantity of dairy products in luggage for personal use. Dairy products include powdered milk, baby formula, cheeses and processed milk (canned, cartons).
- Please see the current list of countries from which dairy products may be imported.These may change periodically depending on the disease status of the country from which imports are allowed.
- Contact Veterinary Services for additional information.
- Travellers are allowed up to 25lbs (10kg) of dairy products in their personal luggage. These products must be in their original packaging.
- Upon arrival at the port of entry, YOU MUST DECLARE all products of animal origin accompanying you in the appropriate section of the Customs Declaration form, whether the items are in checked baggage, hand luggage or on your person.
- Present your completed Customs Declaration form to a Customs Officer.
- Present the products, along with your import permit, to an Agricultural Quarantine Officer for inspection at the Agricultural Quarantine Station.
When the passenger arrives at the Agricultural Quarantine Station, the products will be examined by a Veterinary Inspector. As long as they meet all the conditions for entry, they will be released to the passenger.
FAILURE TO DECLARE ANY PRODUCT OF ANIMAL ORIGIN WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE CONFISCATION OF THE PRODUCT AND YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO A FINE.
IF IN DOUBT, DECLARE!